Dirt Boys is looking for a qualified individual that will be a vital part of the company’s plan this year. This will work into an urban farm lead position by mid season after training. They will oversee and be responsible for the farm operations. A lot of hands on work as well as managing some casual employees and volunteers.
- Digging, lots of digging
- Washing and bagging
- 32-40 hours a week
- Managing some volunteers from time to time
- Ability to work without supervision
- Maintain farm records
- Must have a vehicle or access to a vehicle
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Some gardening experience
- Flexibility to work weekends
- Clean Drivers License
- Excellent communicator
- Fast learner
- Proficient with a computer (for farm reporting and invoicing)
- Permaculture Certificate would be good
Start Date: Flexible based on weather but mid-April Until Mid-late October (weather dependent)
Hours: 30-40 hours a week
Wage: $15 dollars + $.50 a KM for vehicle usage.
Location: Bridgeland, Renfrew, Inglewood, Sunnyside and Manchester – Calgary.
This is a seasonal contract position with no benefits other than access to great food!
To submit your application: Email subject line: FIRST NAME_LAST NAME_Farmer Cover Letter and Resume. Please send as One PDF document, 3 page maximum (1 page cover letter, 2 page resume) with this file name: FIRST NAME_LAST NAME_Farmer Email to: email@example.com. Make sure and tell us why you’d be a good fit to be an urban farmer.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for interviews. Thank you and good luck!